Q.1 Do I need a doctor’s referral to see a physiotherapist?
Most insurance companies require you to see a doctor for a referral prior to seeing your physiotherapist. As every insurance company’s policy is different, we would recommend you check with them first. If you are unsure of who to see for a doctors referral – click here and we can help!
Q.3 What happens on my first visit?
During your first visit you can expect the following:
- Arrive at your appointment and fill out the registration form. We also have an option for you to this online prior to your appointment email@example.com.
- You will provide us with your physiotherapy referral, if you have one
- We will copy your insurance card and Emirates ID.
- You will be seen for the initial evaluation by the therapist who will discuss the following;
- Your medical history and lifestyle.
- Your current problems/complaints.
- What aggravates and eases the problem.
- How this is impacting your daily activities or your functional limitations.
- Your goals and expectations of physiotherapy.
- Medications, tests, and procedures related to your health.
We will then carry out a physiotherapy objective assessment looking at everything from posture, strength, flexibility, and biomechanics. From there we will make a diagnosis which will be explained thoroughly. We believe patient education and understanding is central to recovery so we would ask that you ask questions at any point throughout the appointment.
Q.2 What do I bring
On your first appointment, we will ask you to fill out a registration form. We ask that you bring a valid Emirates ID or a valid passport as well as your valid insurance card if you have one. In order to carry out a comprehensive physiotherapy assessment, we would advise loose fitting clothing for the area that needs to be assessed. For running assessments, please bring your running attire and trainers.
Q.4 How long is a physiotherapy session?
A treatment session will last approximately 45 minutes.
Q.5 Do you offer direct billing?
We are working hard with insurance companies to provide direct billing. However, we are affiliated with most insurance companies on a pay and claim basis. For any insurance based questions please click here.
Q6. I do not do any physical activity, is this centre for me?
Yes! Yes! Yes! While we love to promote physical activity at all levels, we are fully equipped to treat non sporting activities such as work related injuries, repetitive strain injuries and post operative rehabilitation.
- Contact no: 04 448 1399
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are located on the ground floor of the International Cricket Council Academy in Dubai Sports City.
Located in the heart of Dubai Sports City
an area that represents sporting excellence and heavily promotes an active lifestyle, our mission is to contribute to the overall health and well-being of the community and surrounding areas